Seaguar $100,000 Lineup Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
THIS PROMOTION IS DEVISED AS A NON-GAMBLING PROMOTION AND IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING OFFICIAL RULES:
1. DESCRIPTION: The “Seaguar $100,000 Lineup” Promotion (the "Promotion") is an online challenge that allows eligible entrants to demonstrate their skill and knowledge of professional bass fishing. A maximum of 12,000 predictions will be accepted for the Promotion. By participating in the Promotion, each participant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Kureha America, LLC, 420 Lexington Avenue, Suite 2510, New York, NY 10170 (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Promotion is open only to legal United States residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and Washington D.C. and residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (each, an “Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”). Any Entrant who is less than the age of majority in his/her state or province of primary residence (a “minor”) must have his/her parent or legal guardian's permission to participate. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor (including Sponsor’s pro staff), its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”); the immediate family members of each; and those living in the same household of each (whether or not related), are ineligible to participate in the Promotion. Promotion is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
3. HOW IT WORKS: Entrants will have the opportunity to select their picks for the top four (4) finishing Seaguar Anglers (of the nine (9) currently anticipated to participate) and the final ranking of those top four (4) Seaguar Anglers (i.e. first through fifty-second), in exact order in the 2017 Bassmaster Classic (the “Event”) currently scheduled to take place in Houston, TX from March 24 – 26, 2017. For example only, an Entrant’s picks may be 1) Jordan Lee ranked two (2) overall, 2) James Elam ranked ten (10) overall, 3) Chris Zaldain ranked twenty-two (22) overall, and 4) Cliff Pirch ranked forty (40) overall. At the conclusion of the Event, should any Entrant correctly pick the top four (4) finishing Seaguar Anglers in the Event and the final ranking of those top four (4) Seaguar Anglers in the Event, such Entrant will receive the Grand Prize (as described below), subject to verification of eligibility. Should more than one (1) participant correctly pick the top four (4) finishing Seaguar Anglers in the Event and the final ranking of those top four (4) Seaguar Anglers in the Event, the Grand Prize will be split amongst all tied Entrants. In the event that no one correctly picks the top four (4) finishing Seaguar Anglers in the Event and the final ranking of those top four (4) Seaguar Anglers in the Event, then no prizes will be awarded.
The determination of final results is at the sole discretion of Sponsor and shall be verified against those listed at http://www.bassmaster.com/2017-geico-bassmaster-classic.
The Seaguar Anglers scheduled to participate in the Event are as follows:
1. Drew Benton
2. Keith Combs
3. Cliff Crochet
4. James Elam
5. Shaw Grigsby
6. Jordon Lee
7. Brandon Palaniuk
8. Cliff Pirch
9. Chris Zaldain
The Promotion registration period begins on January 15, 2017 at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on March 16, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT or when 12,000 eligible predictions have been received, whichever occurs first. To register, go to www.winseaguar.com (the “Website”) and complete the online registration process according to the on-screen instructions. Once registered, Entrants will have the opportunity to use their skill and knowledge of professional bass fishing to predict the top four (4) finishing Seaguar Anglers in the Event and the final ranking of those top four (4) Seaguar Anglers in the Event by logging into the Website and following the on-screen instructions. All picks will lock on March 16, 2017 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Limit one (1) prediction per Entrant, per email address for the Promotion.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: The potential winner will be determined according to the details above. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner may be deemed the “authorized account holder” of the email address used to register for the Promotion, provided such individual meets all of the other eligibility requirements in these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The potential prize winner will be notified by telephone and/or email within approximately seven (7) days after the conclusion of the Event. The potential prize winner will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of first attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize. Winner(s) must sign, have notarized and return, within five (5) days of first attempted notification, an affidavit (or, in the case of a Canadian participant, a Declaration) of eligibility, a liability release, and, unless prohibited by law, a publicity release, and such other documents as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”). Failure of any winner to return executed Prize Claim Documents within the specified time period may result in forfeiture of the prize, and no prize will be awarded until all executed Prize Claim Documents are returned. The Promotion Entities shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential winner for any reason.
5. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize is available. The Grand Prize consists of US $100,000 awarded in the form of a check made payable to the Grand Prize winner. In the event a Grand Prize winner is a resident of Canada, the prize will consist of the equivalent amount in Canadian dollars payable in the form of a check made out to the Grand Prize winner based on the exchange rate on the day the check is processed. The Grand Prize will only be awarded if all conditions in these Official Rules are met. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THE GRAND PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED.
Winner(s) will be responsible for any and all federal, provincial, state and/or local taxes and any other costs or expenses resulting from acceptance of the prize. Winners of prizes valued at $600 or more will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the total actual retail value of the prize after the prize has been awarded.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION/RELEASES: Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Entities, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Promotion and/or accepting any prize, each Entrant releases, and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless, the Promotion Entities, from and against any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Acceptance of a prize authorizes the Sponsor and its designees to use prize winner’s name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, throughout the universe in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Promotion Entities are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at the Promotion Entities’ sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. By entering the Promotion, Entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event will Entrant’s attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, and/or any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and/or any other damages, other than direct, actual out-of-pocket expenses. The Promotion Entities shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software, traffic congestion on the internet, or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize, or from participation in the Promotion; (v) the Entrant’s claim that he or she has been defamed or portrayed in a false light or (vi) any printing, typographical, human administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Promotion Entities assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s computer system arising from or in connection with accessing the Website or participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Promotion Entities reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion (or any portion of the Promotion) at any time, including without limitation in the event that a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupts or inhibits the administration, security, proper play, or feasibility of the Promotion. In such a situation, Promotion Entities may cease the registration process and, if possible, determine the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received prior to and/or after such action or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Promotion Entities depending on the circumstances giving rise to such termination. Promotion Entities may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine that an Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices, or by acting in a way that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other Entrants or Promotion Entities’ representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, PROMOTION ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. GOVERNING LAW: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
9. GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
10. WINNER LIST: Any legally required winner’s list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Seaguar $100,000 Lineup Contest Winner, 3030 LBJ Freeway, Suite 374; Dallas, Texas 75234. All such requests must be received within six (6) weeks after the Event ends.